Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Laurence Vance: Letter to a Christian Young Man Regarding Joining the Military

Dr. Laurence Vance wrote a piece for LewRockwell.com last February entitled "Letter to a Christian Young Man Regarding Joining the Military." As a post-script to the piece, he wrote:

If any readers are veterans, consider themselves to be Christians, agree with the sentiments expressed in this letter, and would be willing to let me append their name, branch, and rank to any future use of this letter, please contact me. The fact that you "served" and I didn’t might be what is needed to help persuade some young man (or woman) to not join the military.

Dr. Vance just re-published the piece on his website, along with the names of the 40-some military veterans who've answered his call so far. Di and I were two of them.

I invite you to consider what Vance has to say to Christians considering joining the US military.

No comments: